Nightmare fuel (I mean, it's Cyriak...)
Oh hell yeah, Cyriak made a new music video :O
You know, I'm probably going to make my own build system some day:
- Tool dependency management like Earthly, to define "pip install X". But no weird "buildkit inside a container" stuff. Just a simple `docker build`, thankyouverymuch.
- File dependencies like `make` to skip rerunning stuff
- Have its own state file for when the outcome isn't a file
- Run steps containers, but also have volumes to persist stuff like the `~/go/` directory for Go tasks
Obligatory xkcd ref: https://xkcd.com/927/
I wonder how much memory is used on integers and pointers. Because I have 16GB of RAM on my machine, which means the largest pointer would be ~2^34, which leaves 30 bits always set to 0 in all pointers on my 64-bit machine. As for regular integers it's rare to use numbers over just a couple of thousands in programs.
But, well most memory is used to store binary data anyway (images, videos, text) so this maybe doesn't matter much.
Fun to think about though. How much RAM is wasted on pointers?
Me: "What year is this?"
Random person: "Zweitausendzweiundzwanzig"
Me: segmentation fault
Tried compiling emacs today, but got an error:
> `Internal native compiler error: "../../lisp/international/titdic-cnv.el", "failing to compile function", #<symbol titdic-
convert at 16545>`
OK sure it's apparently the "cxterm TIT-format dictionary to quail-package converter"
But I just asked my coworker if he knew anything about the titdic symbol
it tingles my childish humor wiThOuT cOnSenT!!1!
Classical child show from Sweden 🇸🇪
"Hej alla barn nu är det barnprogram, Titta nu här vad farbror frej tar fram:
En liten rulle och nu ska ni höra,
vad man med en liten rulle kan göra: Sätt den i rumpan och tuta och kör, så vipps har vi gjort oss ett avgasrör!"
Yeah, Google translate that if you dare 👀
Idea for new shell script lang:
- Function call syntax, instead of parameter parsing, like `cat("hello.txt")`
- Support for complex types, so I can stop having to deal with Bash's arrays
- Transpile to POSIX to allow sourcing in Bash/Zsh
- Good flag parsing built in. No more weird Bash case statements at the end. With completion support!
- For loops on lines
- Easy multithread/-tasking
- Strongly typed
Would've been nice
Slice of tech and slice of life. I do like both of those
Aka snelheden, jilleJr, applejag
No one can hear you "JAVISST" in space, but you can meme, gossip, rant, spread (fake) news, goof around, and spend quality time here on javisst.space.